The humble, quiet supportive partners are often the forgotten under-appreciated ones. Couples like us, the loud and the quiet are a study in contrasts and challenges, fights and discussions, debates and resolutions. These are five things for which I’ll always thank B.
1. For writing me the most beautiful card after V was born. A card that I treasure and think of often. A card that made tough old me bawl my eyes out.
2. For giving me alone time, mommy breaks, and support while the wee ones fight and clamor for my love.
3. For putting up with the personal rile-ups, arguments, and opinions that come out of my mouth like a daily Niagara.
4. For raising my children, my girls, as your own.
5. For making me food and doing my laundry and in this way mothering me and loving me more than anyone else has.