Dear Sassy Girlfriends,
It’s been too long since we shared an evening together with cocktails and giggles. There are many reasons that a night out is becoming an absolute necessity, including but not limited to the fact that:
1. Today is Family Day –– which means Daddy works in the yard for 40 hours while Mommy stays inside and referees fights over stuffed cats, shooshing yellers so that wee babe won’t wake up.
2. Once wee babe wakes up, we’re heading to a Mormon Family get together where they’ll be no nice sassy friends like you, no cocktails, and no swearing
3. Daddy has just given Mommy an assignment. It goes like this "Honey – would you please help the kids make a sign that says "FREE" so that we can get rid of this aluminum ladder? Wouldn’t that be fun, ladies?" Yes, dear. That would be TONS of fun… especially when I put the sign on a few things I’ve been meaning to clean out of the garage…items in or around your tool bench.
4. Mommy doesn’t like making signs with children.
5. I haven’t talked to a woman about non-kid/ non-husband things in about 1 million years.
So, dear girlfriend, save me from my plight. Let’s dress-up, wear lipstick and heels, and put our funk on!!